How to Care for Leather bags : For you who are possessing a genuine leather bag. You should be always a matter of pride for the bag owner. Why? Unlike other materials, bag leather is tough and long lasting. However, the leather is also supple and soft. This is a reason why you need to know how to care for leather bags. And it makes genuine leather products are so special, costly and sought after. Many materials lose their shine with time, but with proper and routine care, leather products can become more beautiful, richer and luxuriously soft.
The below tips are listed to help you to learn how to care for leather bags so that you can keep your leather handbag in tip-top condition for a long time:
1. To retain its original shape and to prevent wrinkles, stuff your leather bag with some soft tissue paper or soft cloth pieces.
2. Have you ever wondered how ancient people used to take care of their leather items? They used to wipe off their leather items with a slightly moistened (not wet) cloth piece or sponge every day to prevent hardening due to age.
- You might also consider moisturizing your handbag like this. Or else can use quality leather conditioner available in the market. After moisturizing, don’t forget to let it air dry thoroughly and store your handbag properly. For handbag storage tips, see the Handbag Storage Tips.
3. Avoid hanging your leather bag by its straps. This puts pressure on its strap connectors and wears out its seams rather prematurely. When you are not using your leather bag, just keep it on your shelf. In addition, don’t rest anything on top of your leather item, let it breathe.
4. Brushing also helps, especially if you have any leather items in suede or sheepskin. Soft brushing can remove the fine dirt and grease on your leather bag.